CAUSE something TO be ENDURING OR NOT to MOVE from a PLACE.
Old Chinese Criteria
1. The current general word for fixing something in any objective and interpersonal way, concrete or abstract is dìng 定.
2. Cái 裁 refers specifically to the proper apportioning of things.
3. Bì 必 refers to fixing and determining something with supreme assurance and definiteness.
THIS IS A PRETTY MISERABLE GROUP: WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT?????
Modern Chinese Criteria
確定 focusses on the fixedness of the result.
決定 is the most current and general word for determining or fixing someting.
規定 focusses on the rules involved.
rough draft to BEGIN TO identify synonym group members for analysis, based on CL etc. 18.11.2003. CH ／
Attributions by syntactic funtion
Attributions by text
- 韓非子 : 17
- 春秋左傳 : 8
- 禮記 : 5
- 荀子 : 4
- 莊子 : 3
- 祖堂集 : 3
- 阮籍集四卷 : 2
- 說苑 : 2
- 論語 : 1
- 論衡 : 1
- 管子 : 1
- 賢愚經 : 1
- 周易 : 1
- 百喻經 : 1
- 戰國策 : 1
- 孟子 : 1
- 法集要頌經 : 1
- 法句經 : 1
定 dìng OC: deeŋs MC: deŋ 41 Attributions
The current general word for fixing something in any objective and interpersonal way, concrete or abstract is dìng 定.
- nabfeaturefixedness, determined stable form; predictable state
- vadNfixed, determinate
- vimiddle voicebe stable and fixed, have taken a fixed shape
- vt+prep+Nhave made up one's mind concerning
- vtoNfix, define, determine; give something its fixed definite form, establish firmly
- vtoNmathematical termCHEMLA 2003: determine
- vtoNpassivebe settled; be firmly ensconced
- vtoNreflexive.自fix (oneself)
- vtoNfigurativefix the affairs regarding N
- vt[oN]fix things
必 bì OC: piɡ MC: pit 5 Attributions
Bì 必 refers to fixing and determining something with supreme assurance and definiteness.
- vtoNfix with certainty; be sure of; make a definite decision on
決定 jué dìng OC: kʷeed deeŋs MC: ket deŋ 4 Attributions
- VPadVas a matter of dermination > absolutely, certainly
- VPibe fixed, be determinate
安定 ān dìng OC: qaan deeŋs MC: ʔɑn deŋ 2 Attributions
- VPtoNresultativepacify so as to fix/settle down; be calmly determinate in relation to
剋 kè OC: khɯɯɡ MC: khək 1 Attribution
- vtoNfix (date etc)
裁 cái OC: sɡɯɯ MC: dzəi 1 Attribution
Cái 裁 refers specifically to the proper apportioning of things.
- vtoNdefine and apportion (guilt), give proper shape to
位 wèi OC: ɢrubs MC: ɦi 0 Attributions
- vtoNapportion a proper place
Existing SW for
Here are Syntactic Words already defined in the database: