GIVE EQUAL QUANTITY to MANY.
Old Chinese Criteria
1. Shī 施 is to give away to a general group of recipients, and as an act of generosity.
Modern Chinese Criteria
rough draft to BEGIN TO identify synonym group members for analysis, based on CL etc. 18.11.2003. CH ／
impertire refers to an act of sharing out or giving something to someone as an act of free will and of goodness.
tribuere refers to an act of sharing out or giving as an act of justice or of judiciousness.
participare refers to the giving something out of which one retains a part oneself, and the object of the verb is generally the person to whom something is given.
communicare generally refers to the giving something out of which one retains a part oneself, and the object of the verb is generally the thing shared out.
Attributions by syntactic funtion
Attributions by text
- 韓非子 : 9
- 賢愚經 : 6
- 說苑 : 4
- 春秋左傳 : 4
- 祖堂集 : 3
- 史記 : 2
- 墨子 : 1
- 論語 : 1
- 呂氏春秋 : 1
- 禮記 : 1
- 孟子 : 1
- 楚辭 : 1
- 六祖壇經 : 1
分 fēn OC: pɯn MC: pi̯un 13 Attributions
- nabactthe apportioning, distribution; allotment
- vtoNdistribute, give out; apportion; allot, mete out, parcel out
- vttoN1.+N2distribute things to people; share things with people
- vtt(oN1.)+N2distribute contextually determinate things to the N2
- vtoNpassivebe distributed (to others), be allotted to others
施 shī OC: lʰal MC: ɕiɛ 13 Attributions
Shī 施 is to give away to a general group of recipients, and as an act of generosity.
- vadNcharacterised by a tendency towards distributing what one has generously
- vtoNdeploy generously; dispense generously to; show generosity to
- vtt(oN1.)+N2ompresent (a gift N2) to someone determinate N1
- vtt(oN1.)+prep+N2omgive generously of something contextually determinate N1 to (the beneficiaries N2); dispense things to 施於
- vttoN1.+N2distribute N1 all over or to N2
- vttoN1.+prep+N2give generously of (something N1) to (the beneficiaries N2); dispense things to 施x於y
遍 biàn OC: peens MC: pen 5 Attributions
- vt+prep+Ndistribute throughout
- vt+prep+Nfigurativepermeate throughout, reach to; spread among
- vtoNdistribute throughout (a state etc); > cover
班 bān OC: praan MC: pɣan 1 Attribution
- vtoNdistribute (gifts)
流 liú OC: ru MC: lɨu 1 Attribution
- vtoNspread, distribute, disburse
- vtoNmiddle voicebe distributed
疏 shū OC: sqra MC: ʂi̯ɤ 1 Attribution
- vtoNdole out, confer; distribute 疏爵 "distribute high appointments"
布 bù MC: puH OC: paas 1 Attribution
- vtoNdistribute generously
Existing SW for
Here are Syntactic Words already defined in the database: