Taxonomy of meanings for 斜:
- 斜 xié (OC: sɢlja MC: zia) 似嗟切 平 廣韻：【不正也似嗟切四 】
- 斜 yé (OC: la MC: jia) 以遮切 平 廣韻：【斜谷在武功西南入谷百里而至説文杼也又似嗟切 】
- 斜 xié (OC: lja MC: zia) 似嗟切 平 廣韻：【同衺 】
- vipost-Han: slanted "askance"
- vichangetilt to one side
- vadNSUWEN tilted
- nabmathematical termCHEMLA 2003: neither horizontal nor vertical straight line or plane. The word is also used to refer to the hypotenuse. JZ 4.24, Liu Hui's comm: 大弦則中立方之長邪，邪即丸徑也 "The larger hypotenuse being then the longer diagonal of the inscribed cube, the diagonal is hence the diameter of the sphere."
- vadNmathematical termCHEMLA 2003: (of planes or lines:) in a non-horizontal and non-vertical direction. The word is the antonym both of zhèng 正 "straight/upright" and píng 平 "plane". See also 邪田. JZ 5.15, Liu Hui's comm: 邪解 "disect (a geometrical solid) in a neither horizontal nor vertical direction"
- VPadVslanting, in a tilted position
NOMINAL MEASURE WORDS
- = 邪