DISPLACE THINGS TOGETHER INTO ONE PLACE.
SCATTERDISPLACE so as to CAUSE TO PARTS TO BE IN MANY DIFFERENT PLACES.
DISPLACECAUSE to MOVE. -> MOVECHANGE PLACE OR SITUATION. -> CHANGEEVENT involving two MOMENTS t1 and t2, such that a THING at the MOMENT t1 is DIFFERENT FROM that THING at the MOMENT t2. -> EVENTREALITY that ARISES in TIME. -> REALITYEXIST and NOT ONLY BE IMAGINED. -> EXISTBE-IN the UNIVERSE of SPACE AND TIME. -> BE INRELATION between a THING AND what that THING FILLS OR PART:partially FILLS. -> RELATIONFEATURE of TWO OR MORE THINGS TOGETHER. -> FEATUREABSTRACT OBJECT a THING is SAID to BE OR to HAVE. -> OBJECT[NO HYPERNYM.] WHAT one CAN NAME:refer to. -> PRIME -> N/A
UNITECOMBINE so as to CAUSE TO BECOME ONE.
- ACCUMULATE GATHER THINGS INTEND:so as to CAUSE them THEREUPON TO REMAIN TOGETHER.
- MOBILISE GATHER an ARMY FOR WARFARE in the NEAR FUTURE.
- BIND GATHER so as to CAUSE NOT to be ABLE be REMOVED OR LEAVE.
Old Chinese Criteria
1. The most current general term for the temporary assembling of things is jù 聚 (ant. sàn 散 "spread") which can refer to the gathering together of what does not necessarily belong together and of what is not necessarily of the same kind and what will disperse or be dispersed.
2. Liǎn 斂 (ant. sàn 散 "spread") refers to a human action of assembling things, prototypically taxes or the like, for future use.
3. Shí 拾 "pick up" and qǔ 取 "pick, take" can come to refer to the gathering together for future use articles of common use, but occasionally these words can also take abstract objects in which case the nuance of gathering these for future use is retained.
Modern Chinese Criteria
收集 is the current modern word for gathering things together or collecting things.
rough draft to BEGIN TO identify synonym group members for analysis, based on CL etc. 18.11.2003. CH ／
- A Dictionary of Selected Synonyms in the Principal Indo-European Languages
- De Rerum Humanarum Emendatione
CONGERIES hominum, Caetus; lignorum, Strues; Lapidum aut terrae, Agger; Congeries rerum majorum Cumulus; minorum, Acervus; pecorum Agmen, minorum Grex; majorum Armentum; Fluidorum Confluxus; Sordidorum, Colluvies etc.
HANFEI TONGYI 2004)
LUNHENG TONGYI 2004)
- Handbook of Greek Synonymes, from the French of M. Alex. Pillon, Librarian of the Bibliothèque Royale , at Paris, and one of the editors of the new edition of Plaché's Dictionnaire Grec-Français, edited, with notes, by the Rev. Thomas Kerchever Arnold, M.A. Rector of Lyndon, and late fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge
- A New Dictionary of Classical Greek Synonyms
Attributions by syntactic funtion
Attributions by text
- 管子 : 15
- 祖堂集 : 13
- 孟子 : 6
- 禮記 : 5
- 說苑 : 4
- 莊子 : 4
- 賢愚經 : 4
- 荀子 : 3
- 百喻經 : 3
- 阮籍集四卷 : 2
- 六祖壇經 : 2
- 文子 : 2
- 臨濟錄 : 2
- 毛詩 : 2
- 戰國策 : 2
- 陸機集十一卷 : 1
- 淮南子 : 1
- 史記 : 1
- 法集要頌經 : 1
- 楚辭 : 1
- 五行 : 1
- 呂氏春秋 : 1
- 鹽鐵論 : 1
- 周易 : 1
聚 / 聚 jù OC: sɡos MC: dzi̯o jù OC: sɡoʔ MC: dzi̯o 22 Attributions
The most current general term for the temporary assembling of things is jù 聚 (ant. sàn 散 "spread") which can refer to the gathering together of what does not necessarily belong together and of what is not necessarily of the same kind and what will disperse or be dispersed. The most current general term for the temporary assembling of things is jù 聚 (ant. sàn 散 "spread") which can refer to the gathering together of what does not necessarily belong together and of what is not necessarily of the same kind and what will disperse or be dispersed.
- viactmostly of persons, but occasionally also of things like insects: assemble
- vtoNassemble persons or things; amass; gather around oneself
- vtoNpassivebe amassed in one place
- vtoNchangeto become assembled; to become dense and abundant (of population);
- vtoNfigurativegather (resentful forces)
- vtoNN=placegather in (a place)
- vttoN1.+N2collect N1 in place N2
- vt(oN)gather the contextually determinate objects N
- vtoNgather around
集 jí OC: sɡub MC: dzip 19 Attributions
Jí 集 (ant. sàn 散 "spread") is to form a group, flock, or unit, and when used transitively, the word does not tend to take concrete objects in the manner of jī 積. See ACCUMULATE.
- vadNaccumulated; concentrated
- vadVall in all; summa summarum
- viact(both of humans and of things) assemble SHIJI 百鬼集矣"all the ghosts and spirits had already assembled"
- vt+Nassemble in the place N
- vtoNcausativeassemble, collect together
- vtoNpassivebe assembled, take proper shape
收 shōu OC: qjiw MC: ɕɨu 5 Attributions
Shōu 收, which always has humans subjects, is to admit into a pre-existing assembly of things permanently or for a time.
- vtoNassemble; garner; take in, allow to join; gather in; gather up, gather together (one's things)
- vtoNpassivebe allowed to join, be collected
結集 jié jí OC: kiid sɡub MC: ket dzip 5 Attributions
- VPtoNcausativecause to be assembled > collect together > compile
合 hé OC: ɡloob MC: ɦəp 4 Attributions
Hé 合 (ant. sàn 散 "spread") is to bring together for a time what does belong together as a group.
- vtoNassemble, call together (the feudal lords), convoke 九合諸侯
- vtoNmiddle voicebe gathered together
- vt(+prep+N)to gather at the contextually determinate place
攝 shè OC: qhljeb MC: ɕiɛp 3 Attributions
- vtoNcausativecause to combine > gather
斂 liǎn OC: ɡ-romʔ MC: liɛm 3 Attributions
Liǎn 斂 (ant. sàn 散 "spread") refers to a human action of assembling things, prototypically taxes or the like, for future use.
- viactgather things, collect stuff
- vtoNgather together; [roll up][CA]
總 zǒng OC: skooŋʔ MC: tsuŋ 3 Attributions
- vtoNcausativecause to form a group
- vadVgathering in one unity
- vtoNcausativegather N in one's hands
拾 shí OC: ɡljub MC: dʑip 2 Attributions
Shí 拾 "pick up" and qǔ 取 "pick, take" can come to refer to the gathering together for future use articles of common use, but occasionally these words can also take abstract objects in which case the nuance of gathering these for future use is retained.
- vtoNZZ: gather (acorns and chestnuts); HF: pick up in the street (lost items), pick up (a silkworm)
最 zuì OC: skoods MC: tsɑi 1 Attribution
- vtoNcollect; accumulate
募 mù OC: maaɡs MC: muo̝ 1 Attribution
- viactconduct the collection of money
- vtoNcollect (money for a purpose) HYDCD: 1. 募集；招求。
取 qǔ OC: skhoʔ MC: tshi̯o 1 Attribution
- vtoNpick, gather (firewood); get hold of (what one needs)
并 bìng OC: peŋs MC: piɛŋ 1 Attribution
Bìng 并 (ant. fēn 分 "separate into different parts") is to bring together things (e.g. troops) for a certain purpose.
- viactcome together, assemble
- vtoNgather together, hoard; gather (troops etc); unite
徵 zhēng OC: tɯŋ MC: ʈɨŋ 1 Attribution
- vtoNassemble (an armed force)
- vttoN1.+N2gather (by authority) N1 from N2
戢 jí OC: skrib MC: ʈʂip 1 Attribution
- vtoNto collect; to gather together (and not use)
- vtoNpassivebe gathered together (in their propoer place, instead of being distributed and used)
- vt(oN)gather together (instead of using) the contextually determinate things
掇 duó OC: k-lood MC: tʷɑt 1 Attribution
- vtoNgather, collect; pick up
- vtoNfigurativebe picked up > by dominated by; be lured off ????
芼 mào OC: moows MC: mɑu 1 Attribution
- vtoNpoetic and archaic, SHI 1: gather (vegetables etc.)
苞 bāo OC: pruu MC: pɣɛu 1 Attribution
- viactget together, gather as a group or a unit
萃 cuì OC: sɡuds MC: dzi 1 Attribution
- vtoNto assemble; to gather
- vt+prep+Nconverge on, concentrate the military forces on
拾取 shí qǔ OC: ɡljub skhoʔ MC: dʑip tshi̯o 1 Attribution
- VPtoNgather, collect
採集 cǎi jí OC: tshɯɯʔ sɡub MC: tshəi dzip 1 Attribution
- VPtoNresultativepluck so as to gather
匯 huì OC: ɡluulʔ MC: ɦuo̝i 0 Attributions
- vtoNconcourse; flow together; only used of the confluence of streams
塈 OC: MC: 0 Attributions
捄 jū OC: ko MC: ki̯o 0 Attributions
揪 jiū OC: tsiw MC: tsɨu 0 Attributions
- vtoNcollect; bring together
攢 cuán OC: MC: dzʷɑn 0 Attributions
- vtoNN=placecollect on, get together on
會 huì OC: ɡloobs MC: ɦɑi 0 Attributions
- vtoNgather together
比 bì OC: bis MC: bi 0 Attributions
- vtoNassemble (SHI)
租 zū OC: skaa MC: tsuo̝ 0 Attributions
- vtoNto collect; hoard
蹲 dūn OC: dzuun MC: dzuo̝n 0 Attributions
- vtoNgather, collect together
輯 jí OC: sɡib MC: dzip 0 Attributions
- vtoNSHU, collect, store up; stud with
齊 qí OC: dziil MC: dzei 0 Attributions
- vtoNcall to come together RULINWAISHI
共 gōng OC: koŋ MC: ki̯oŋ 0 Attributions
- vtoNOBI: gather together, assemble
Existing SW for
Here are Syntactic Words already defined in the database: