TOOL USED FOR MEASURING TIME.
Old Chinese Criteria
1. The current general word for a sundial is biǎo 表.
2. Niè 臬 and guǐ 晷 are technical terms for a sundial.
Modern Chinese Criteria
rough draft to BEGIN TO identify synonym group members for analysis, based on CL etc. 18.11.2003. CH ／
Attributions by syntactic funtion
Attributions by text
- 呂氏春秋 : 1
表 biǎo OC: prawʔ MC: piɛu 1 Attribution
The current general word for a sundial is biǎo 表.
- npost placed in the ground to measure the size of the shadow in order to measure the time of day; sun-dial
晷 guǐ OC: kʷrɯwʔ MC: ki 0 Attributions
- nsundial which indicates by the position of the shadow it makes the time of day.
- nfigurative(gnomon-like-) indicator;
- vtoNcausativecause to be an indicator> use as an indictor; cause to become a manifestation of N
臬 niè OC: ŋɡeed MC: ŋet 0 Attributions
Niè 臬 and guǐ 晷 are technical terms for a sundial.
- nsundial used to determine the directions, predecessor of the compass
Existing SW for
Here are Syntactic Words already defined in the database: