ADDRESS someone so as to HELP with PLANS.
Old Chinese Criteria
1. The current standard word for fairly formal consultation and advice to superiors is móu 謀.
[ASCENDING], [BASIC], [OFFICIAL]
2. Jiào 教 sometimes refers to advice close to instruction to inferiors.
[DESCENDING], [MARGINAL]; [[RARE]]
3. Quàn 勸 is sometimes used to refer to advice without essential reference to relative status. See ENCOURAGE
Modern Chinese Criteria
勸告 refers to encouraging advice.
忠告 refers to trusty advice.
忠言 refers in very formal way to words of advice.
箴言 refers in a literary style to stylised formal advice.
諍言 refers in a formal way to straightforward admonition.
良言 refers in a literary way to sound words of advice.
藥石之言 refers proverbially to solid advice.
金玉良言 refers proverbially to precious advice.
rough draft to BEGIN TO identify synonym group members for analysis, based on CL etc. 18.11.2003. CH ／
Attributions by syntactic funtion
vt prep N: 1
Attributions by text
- 韓非子 : 16
- 春秋左傳 : 5
- 賢愚經 : 4
- 祖堂集 : 4
- 說苑 : 3
- 論語 : 3
- 管子 : 3
- 荀子 : 2
- 戰國策 : 2
- 孟子 : 2
- 六祖壇經 : 2
- 禮記 : 1
- 韓詩外傳 : 1
謀 móu OC: mɯ MC: mɨu 24 Attributions
The current standard word for fairly formal consultation and advice to superiors is móu 謀. [ASCENDING], [BASIC], [OFFICIAL]
- nabactcounsel, advice
- vadNadvising; advisory 謀臣
- vtoNact as consultant for, act as a strategic adviser for, give counsel; advise
- vtoNobject=matteradvise on
- vt prep Noffer advice to
謀臣 móu chén OC: mɯ ɡjiŋ MC: mɨu dʑin 6 Attributions
- NPdefinitethe advisers
教 jiào OC: kruus MC: kɣɛu 5 Attributions
Jiào 教 sometimes refers to advice close to instruction to inferiors. [DESCENDING], [MARGINAL]; [[RARE]]
- vtoN.+VtoSadvise (someone) (and say) 教之曰
- vttoN.+VN=pivotadvise (someone) (to do someting)
處分 chǔ fèn OC: khljaʔ bɯns MC: tɕhi̯ɤ bi̯un 5 Attributions
- NPcolloquialTang collquial: instructions, advice
- VPt(oN.)+Sadvise the contextually determinate N, saying S
- VPt+Vcolloquialadvice somebody to V
勸請 quàn qǐng OC: khons tsheŋʔ MC: khi̯ɐn tshiɛŋ 2 Attributions
- VPtoSentreat politely to the effect that S
- VPtt(oN.)+Vadvise a contextually determinate person politely to V
談說 tán shuō OC: ɡ-laam lʰod MC: dɑm ɕiɛt 2 Attributions
- NPabactthe giving of spoken advice
令 lìng OC: ɡ-reŋs MC: liɛŋ 1 Attribution
- vtoNact as the responsible adviser to
囑及 zhǔ jí OC: tjoɡ ɡrɯb MC: tɕi̯ok gip 1 Attribution
- VPt(oN)pass on a message of advice to the contextually determinate N
囑戒 zhǔ jiè OC: tjoɡ krɯɯɡs MC: tɕi̯ok kɣɛi 1 Attribution
- VPt(oN)advise and warn the contextually determinate N
- VPtoNadvise and warn
提訓 tí xùn OC: ɡ-lee qhuns MC: dei hi̯un 1 Attribution
- NPabadvice, suggestion
勸 quàn OC: khons MC: khi̯ɐn 0 Attributions
Quàn 勸 is sometimes used to refer to advice without essential reference to relative status. See ENCOURAGE [NON-OFFICIAL]
囑 zhǔ OC: tjoɡ MC: tɕi̯ok 0 Attributions
- vttoN.+Vadvise and instruct N to V
叮嚀 dīng níng OC: teeŋ neeŋ MC: teŋ neŋ 0 Attributions
Existing SW for
Here are Syntactic Words already defined in the database: