INTENSE DESIRE to ACT FOR A DEFINITE AIM.
Old Chinese Criteria
1. The current general word for eagerness for something is jí 急 (ant. huǎn 緩 "uneager").
2. Jí 疾 tends to refer to urgent eagerness.
3. Jí 亟 refers occasionally to a concrete urgent eagerness for something desired.
4. Hān 酣, normally "tipsy", is occasionally used to refer to eagerness of pursuit of something.
5. Lì 利 sometimes refers to the abstract attitude towards something as singularly and acutely profitable to one.
Modern Chinese Criteria
rough draft to BEGIN TO identify synonym group members for analysis, based on CL etc. 18.11.2003. CH ／
studiosus refers to someone full of eagerness to do something positive.
ardens refers to fiery overeagerness.
acer refers to energetic eagerness, as that of flames, positively conceived.
vehemens refers to violent eagerness, negatively conceived.
enixe refers adverbially to subservient eagerness as an attitude towards seniors.
intente refers adverbially to eagerness typically of attention.
aveo 'to be eager' [v. II] (Varro+)
Derivatives: avidus 'desirous' (P1.+), aviditas 'greed; lust' (P1.+); avarus 'greedy,
stingy (esp. with regard to money)' (Naev.+), avaritia 'greed of gain' (P1.+).
Attributions by syntactic funtion
Attributions by text
- 韓非子 : 27
- 論語 : 3
- 呂氏春秋 : 3
- 春秋左傳 : 3
- 荀子 : 2
- 記纂淵海 : 1
- 阮籍集四卷 : 1
- 百喻經 : 1
- 孟子 : 1
- 史記 : 1
- 楚辭 : 1
急 jí OC: krɯb MC: kip 19 Attributions
The current general word for eagerness for something is jí 急 (ant. huǎn 緩 "uneager").
- nabpsychurgent concern for something, urgent purpose
- vadVurgently, eagerly; assiduously
- vigradedtry to be fast, be in a hurry; also of matters: be of urgent importance 甚急
- vt(oN)show eagerness for the contextually determinate N
- vt+Vbe eager to
- vtoNgradedbe keen on; deal with with urgency; seek with urgency, be extremely eager after; feel an urgent concern for; be urgently concerned with 急利甚
疾 jí OC: dzid MC: dzit 16 Attributions
Jí 疾 tends to refer to urgent eagerness.
- nadNeager, assiduous
- vadVintensely; acutely; stronly, vigorously; eagerly, energetically
- vt+Vbe eager to V
- vtoNbe eager for (profit etc)
亟 jí OC: kɯɡ MC: kɨk 2 Attributions
Jí 亟 refers occasionally to a concrete urgent eagerness for something desired.
- vtoNbe eager about (virtue etc)
- vt+Vbe all eager to V
酣 hān OC: ɡaam MC: ɦɑm 2 Attributions
Hān 酣, normally "tipsy", is occasionally used to refer to eagerness of pursuit of something.
- vadV(as if intoxicated>) in an engrossed way, enthusiastically
好事 hào shì MC: xawH dzriH OC: qhuus dzrɯs 2 Attributions
- vadNbusy; meddlesome
- VPibe over-busy; be meddlesome, act like a busybody
偲 sī OC: snɯ MC: sɨ 1 Attribution
- vieager, keen
冒 mào OC: muuɡs MC: mɑu 1 Attribution
- vadNeager; craving
- vt+prep+NZUO: be eager after (concrete things)
利 lì OC: rids MC: li 1 Attribution
Lì 利 sometimes refers to the abstract attitude towards something as singularly and acutely profitable to one.
- vt+Veager to VERB
- vtoNstativebe greedy for, covet
匆 cōng OC: skhooŋ MC: tshuŋ 0 Attributions
- vi.redintensitivebe very eager and busy
厭 yàn OC: qems MC: ʔiɛm 0 Attributions
怦 pēng OC: phreeŋ MC: phɣɛŋ 0 Attributions
- vi???(the heart) beat ??? earnest ??? eager ???
磏 OC: MC: 0 Attributions
覦 yú OC: lo MC: ji̯o 0 Attributions
- viactbe covetous, have ambitious designs
Existing SW for
Here are Syntactic Words already defined in the database: