ARTEFACT TYPICALLY PRODUCED by WEAVING OR KNITTING, SOMETIMES USED FOR PRODUCING GARMENTS.
Old Chinese Criteria
1. The general word for cloth is bù bó 布帛 "coarse or silk cloth".
2. Bó 帛 refers quite generally to silk cloth. See SILK.
3. Bù 布 refers quite generally to all kind of coarse cloth, typically made of hemp and the like, but the word is also occasionally used loosely as a general term for cloth including silk.
4. Chī 絺 refers to fine linen or hemp cloth.
5. Xì 綌 refers to coarse dolichos cloth.
6. Sī 緦 refers generally to any kind of coarse cloth worn in periods of mourning.
Modern Chinese Criteria
rough draft to BEGIN TO identify synonym group members for analysis, based on CL etc. 18.11.2003. CH ／
Attributions by syntactic funtion
Attributions by text
- 論語 : 7
- 祖堂集 : 5
- 春秋左傳 : 4
- 禮記 : 3
- 韓非子 : 3
- 賢愚經 : 2
- 臨濟錄 : 2
- 毛詩 : 2
- 荀子 : 1
- 阮籍集四卷 : 1
- 說苑 : 1
- 呂氏春秋 : 1
布 bù OC: paas MC: puo̝ 7 Attributions
Bù 布 refers quite generally to all kind of coarse cloth, typically made of hemp and the like, but the word is also occasionally used loosely as a general term for cloth including silk.
- nadNplain cloth Nof plain cloth
- na cloth
坐具 zuò jù OC: sɡoolʔ ɡos MC: dzʷɑ gi̯o 5 Attributions
- NPbuddhistmonks' cloth for performing ritual bows or for sitting on; see DDB: http://www.buddhism-dict.net/cgi-bin/xpr-ddb.pl?57.xml+id('b5750-5177')
布帛 bù bó OC: paas braaɡ MC: puo̝ bɣɛk 4 Attributions
The general word for cloth is bù bó 布帛 "coarse or silk cloth".
- NPmcloth, including silk
絺 chī OC: khrlil MC: ʈhi 3 Attributions
Chī 絺 refers to fine linen or hemp cloth. [OC Reconstruction surely qhlvl]
- nm[OC Reconstruction surely qhlvl] SHI: fine linen or hemp cloth
綌 xì OC: khaɡ MC: khɣɛk 3 Attributions
Xì 綌 refers to coarse dolichos cloth.
- nmcoarse dolichos cloth
帷 wéi OC: ɢrul MC: ɦi 2 Attributions
- nmadNwhole-cloth (curtain style)
疊 dié OC: dɯɯb MC: dep 2 Attributions
- nfolded cloth
- vadNfolded cloth
紺 gàn OC: kooms MC: kəm 2 Attributions
- ndark purple silk
- vadNmade of deep purple dark purple silk
- vibe deep purple
帨 shuì OC: lʰods MC: ɕiɛi 1 Attribution
素 sù OC: saas MC: suo̝ 1 Attribution
- nmplain silk cloth
- nadVin white silk cloth
緅 zōu OC: skoo MC: tsu 1 Attribution
- nmbrowning purpose silk cloth
- vadNmade of brownish purple silk
鹿布 lù bù OC: b-rooɡ paas MC: luk puo̝ 1 Attribution
- NPcoarse cloth
帛 bó OC: braaɡ MC: bɣɛk 0 Attributions
Bó 帛 refers quite generally to silk cloth. See SILK.
緦 sī OC: snɯ MC: sɨ 0 Attributions
Sī 緦 refers generally to any kind of coarse cloth worn in periods of mourning.
- nmcoarse mourning cloth
錫 xī OC: sleeɡ MC: sek 0 Attributions
- nmthin and smooth cloth
Existing SW for
Here are Syntactic Words already defined in the database: