SAY OR THINK that something to be of a certain CATEGORY.
Old Chinese Criteria
1. The general term for classifying something is lèi 類.
2. Guī 歸 is occasionally used for things being classified as belonging to a certain class.
Modern Chinese Criteria
分類 is the current modern word for establishing a classification.
歸納 is the current modern word for subsuming under a classification.
分門別類 (prov) refers idiomatically to the establishment of classifications.
分別部居 (prov, arch) refers idiomatically, and in an archaising manner to the establishment of classifications.
rough draft to BEGIN TO identify synonym group members for analysis, based on CL etc. 18.11.2003. CH ／
Attributions by syntactic funtion
Attributions by text
- 荀子 : 2
- 春秋左傳 : 2
- 韓非子 : 2
- 黃帝內經 : 1
歸 guī OC: klul MC: kɨi 4 Attributions
Guī 歸 is occasionally used for things being classified as belonging to a certain class.
- vt+prep+Npassivebe ascribed to
- vttoN1.+prep+N2attribute (guilt, blame etc) to N2
類 lèi OC: ruds MC: li 3 Attributions
The general term for classifying something is lèi 類.
- vtoNdeclarativedeclare to belong to a category
- vtoNputativeconsider as belonging to a category
- vtoN.adVon the basis of classifying, to V
- nabsocial classification
- vibe able to properly classify things in categories, especially with regard to the demands of ritual propriety
Existing SW for
Here are Syntactic Words already defined in the database: