TAKE something from ANOTHER, ACTING as an OFFICIAL CONFORMING to a LAW.
Old Chinese Criteria
1. The general current term for any kind of confiscation is shōu 收.
2. Liǎn 斂 refers to the collecting of dues in an official capacity.
Modern Chinese Criteria
rough draft to BEGIN TO identify synonym group members for analysis, based on CL etc. 18.11.2003. CH ／
Attributions by syntactic funtion
Attributions by text
- 韓非子 : 3
- 史記 : 3
- 說苑 : 1
- 論語 : 1
- 呂氏春秋 : 1
收 shōu OC: qjiw MC: ɕɨu 5 Attributions
The general current term for any kind of confiscation is shōu 收.
- vtoNconfiscate; take in in an official capacity (taxes etc)
斂 liǎn OC: ɡ-romʔ MC: liɛm 1 Attribution
Liǎn 斂 refers to the collecting of dues in an official capacity.
- vtoNcollect (as regular payments due to government)
籍 jí OC: sɡaɡ MC: dziɛk 1 Attribution
- vtoNconfiscate by official order
納 nà OC: nuub MC: nəp 1 Attribution
- vtoNconfiscate by official decree
聚斂 jù liǎn OC: sɡoʔ ɡ-romʔ MC: dzi̯o liɛm 1 Attribution
- VPiactcollect taxes and revenues (for someone)
聚 / 聚 jù OC: sɡos MC: dzi̯o jù OC: sɡoʔ MC: dzi̯o 0 Attributions
- vtoNcollect (as regular payments due to government) ??
舉 jǔ OC: klaʔ MC: ki̯ɤ 0 Attributions
- vtoNconfiscate ZHOULI 舉其貨罰其人 "confiscate the goods and fine the person concerned"
Existing SW for
Here are Syntactic Words already defined in the database: