PIERCE so as to CAUSE something TO HAVE DEEP HOLES IN a SURFACE.
Old Chinese Criteria
1. Chuān 穿 refers to connecting the things by drilling the holes into these.
2. Zuān 鑽 means to drill a wood with a drill. It was a method of making fire in a remote antiquity.
Modern Chinese Criteria
扎 refers to pricking rather than drilling a hole into something.
rough draft to BEGIN TO identify synonym group members for analysis, based on CL etc. 18.11.2003. CH ／
Attributions by syntactic funtion
Attributions by text
- 論語 : 4
- 韓非子 : 4
- 祖堂集 : 3
- 論衡 : 1
- 管子 : 1
- 莊子 : 1
- 臨濟錄 : 1
- 淮南子 : 1
穿 chuān OC: khjon MC: tɕhiɛn 5 Attributions
Chuān 穿 refers to connecting the things by drilling the holes into these.
- nabactthe drilling of holes (in walls etc)
- vtoNbore holes in, bore one's way into; pierce
- vtoNpassivebe pierced
鑽 / 鑽 zuàn OC: tsoons MC: tsʷɑn zuān OC: tsoon MC: tsʷɑn 5 Attributions
Zuān 鑽 means to drill a wood with a drill. It was a method of making fire in a remote antiquity. In nominal usage pronounced as zuàn Zuān 鑽 means to drill a wood with a drill. It was a method of making fire in a remote antiquity. In nominal usage pronounced as zuàn
- nauger; a drill
- viactdo drilling
- vtoNfigurativedrill into; pierce through
燧 suì OC: sɢluds MC: zi 2 Attributions
Suì 燧 is originally a noun, and it is seldom used as a verb.
- vt[oN]drill fire
穿鑿 chuān záo OC: khjon dzaawɡ MC: tɕhiɛn dzɑk 2 Attributions
- VPtoNdrill into, drill holes into
- VPtoNfigurativedrill into > shape up to; be formed into
鑿 záo OC: dzaawɡ MC: dzɑk 1 Attribution
- vtoNchisel holes in; perforate with a hole; create an opening in
穿過 chuān guò OC: khjon klools MC: tɕhiɛn kʷɑ 1 Attribution
- VPtoNpassivebe drilled through, be pierced through
擲 zhì OC: ɡ-leɡ MC: ɖiɛk 0 Attributions
- vtoNmake hole in (a wall built of planks)
Existing SW for
Here are Syntactic Words already defined in the database: